Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Majestic Aggressor

 This split was another recent buy, and a bit of a follow up to the post about the "Archagathagorge EP" post. Here is a proper Archagathus/Violent Gorge split 7" on some nice transparent red vinyl, 45 RPM.

 Now this one is really cool to me for a couple reasons. First, when I ordered this I didn't know I was going to get the limited color variant, something that I rarely manage to snag for this band. So that's pretty neat. And, from what I can tell from a quick search on Discogs, these appear to be new Archagathus songs! With this and the split 10" with Nak'ay, Archx have seem to be getting more and more metal sounding. The blast riffs are much more grinding and metallic, and the musicianship in general has gotten tighter. Kind of morphing more in the the band Violent Gorge is! This was a great proper listen to this band for me. Disgusting, super-blasting grindcore with tons of "bree-bree" vocals and gory growls. To repeat myself from a couple posts ago, VG is essentially Archagathus, but with Joe Warkentin tearing it up on lead vocals, and I think he does bass on this too. Really after their split 5.5" with Sete Star Sept now.

Pretty punx-as-fuk packaging. It looks like the cover sleeve was printed on stock copy paper. The Archx/Soil Of Ignorance split was like that too.


~VII

No comments:

Post a Comment