Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Left To Rot

Upon shopping for a birthday present for a good friend of mine online, I stumbled upon this, and promptly bought it up for myself. Yeah yeah, buying things for yourself when shopping for others is a little lame, but I've been wanting this for a minute and the Socially Retarded guys never sent me the copy I ordered from them, so it was now or never. Here's the Sea Of Shit/Socially Retarded split 7", black vinyl, 33 RPM.

This completes my SoS 7" collection, and I have to say that this might be my favorite recording of theirs. The band is absolutely crushing on their side; 3 songs of their familiar gutter sludge-bass heavy-powerviolence. It's just sickening. Their self-titled is still probably their most disgusting sounding release, but these are definitely my favorite songs. It's really curious how the dudes vocals change on literally every release. Socially Retarded play powerviolence, and they're recordings are basically on the same filth level as SoS's on here. Their stuff is faster, and pretty good, but nothing great. They're a good pairing though, awesome split.

Brilliant packaging with this one. The cover is thick cardstock, and all the art is screen printed. I absolutely love the art and the grotesque aesthetic. It also comes with the SoS patch, and a double sided cardstock insert with lyrics. Pretty impressive for a used copy!


Grimy.


Here's everything is came with. Black dust sleeve, of course.

I never see this around anywhere, so good luck.


~VII

2 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for the writeup on this one, lot of time went into the packaging (and recording/song writing etc). My vocals change because, well, mostly I just kind of sucked/still suck and each release we have is like a year apart so it just changes without me noticing (progression/regression??? Who knows...). Ever listen to both Rorschach lps back to back? Talk about a drastic change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I did all the art for this one, definitely my proudest effort, so again thanks. Went kind of bonkers since it was our first vinyl release.

    ReplyDelete