Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

One Of Them

MAN! It's been a while since I've posted on here. Main reason; I keep leaving my camera at the wrong house. Blah. Anyway, Deep Six recently released 4 records, and each one was put up for pre-order. I ordered all 4(with a little complications, more on that later), and got the color variant for each one. Here's the Sidetracked/Self Inflicted split 7", blue vinyl, limited to 100, 33 RPM.

I wasn't a big fan of the last Sidetracked record, "Forfeit", but the 10 tracks on here are A+! I'm definitely picking up on a lot of westcoast PV and hardcore, but put on fast forward, or course. Big, powerful production and heavy riffing. Jay's vocals also sound excellent. 

This is the first time I've been exposed to Self Inflicted, and I definitely like them. Definitely fastcore, but in more of a No Comment kind of style. The vocalist even sounds like he's trying to do his best Andrew Beattie impression. Interesting riffs too, kinda all over the place. Good stuff. On an interesting note, the center labels on my copy are reversed. I guess they must be all like that.

Not sure if the blue is sold out, but if it isn't, you better act quick. Deep Six!!

~VII

No comments:

Post a Comment