Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Alcoholic Pain

I've acquired a couple holy grail records that I'm still losing my fucking mind about. Two of those are really early Agoraphobic Nosebleed 7"s, including this one. The very first ANb 7", some call it the "30 Song 7"", black vinyl, 33 RPM.

Pretty much a repress of their original demo cassette. Obviously, not their best stuff. They hadn't really developed and become full realized as a group yet. I don't even think J. Randall was in the band at this point. Typical fast songs, not a whole lot of groove, not very great lyrics, but still a monumental record to have. Very happy to have this in my collection.

Great album cover, everything is in pretty good condition too. The vinyl has a bit of surface noise though.


Discogs this, I did. I got mine for 10 bucks, I've never seen it for cheaper. 

~VII



2 comments:

  1. Probably my favorite ANB release and one of my favorite pieces of music ever. Jay Randall has some of the best vocals, and even though he's absent from this, I still love it. One of my favorite things about it is the weird slow 5 second bass/vocal dirges. May be an influence on future Sidetracked recordings..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be interesting, I'd love to hear how you interpret those parts.
    I totally agree about Jay, he never get's enough cred for his vocals. one of my favorites as well.

    ReplyDelete