Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Scholastic Death

Here's the other Magrudergrind I got with the "s/t" one. I've also been sitting on a CD version of this for a few years, waiting to find a vinyl replacement that wasn't crazy expensive. Lucky for me, I stumbled upon one for a measly $14 bucks at Vinyl Junkie. OG press (as far as I know), black vinyl, 33 RPM.
Not my favorite Magrudergrind material, but it still kicks tons of ass. More straightforward power-grind songs with more straightforward riffs. Honestly, I think the Shitstorm side is where this record truly shines. Some of the best grindcore I've ever heard! Short songs and simple riffs, but totally memorable and infectious. I get pumped every time I hear their songs. Definitely one of the more underrated grindcore bands going today. 
I've always been a fan of John Baizley artwork, and this is one of his more unique pieces. I'm not really sure what's going on in the image. Someones face is deteriorating, and there's what looks like some wings on the side. Who knows.
Robotic Empire released this, but my record seems to have been pressed by Civilisation Records, who I've never heard of. Curious.
Double-sided insert
Again, you can find copies on Discogs, get on that!


~VII

No comments:

Post a Comment