Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Built to Blast

I added two crucial pieces to my Magrudergrind collection recently. One of them was this, a holy grail grindcore album for me. Magrudergrind's -"s/t" album was probably the album that solidified me as a fan of grindcore and powerviolence. And in case you didn't know, the name of this here blog was taken from a song on this album. This is an OG press, black vinyl, 33 RPM.
I bought the CD version when it came out, and I'm super happy to finally own a vinyl copy. It's a very sturdy and tidy package with full colors, a huge poster and a double sided insert. You should all know what this album sounds like by now. Super heavy, super catchy, super awesome grindcore. The production on this is beast, and the samples are hilarious. Plus, the song "Excommunicated" is one of my favorite grind songs ever.
I never knew there was a picture of Quasimodo on the cover until I got this. 
Big ass poster
I got this for 10 bucks, and I'm super happy about that. There are copies for sale on discogs. If you haven't gotten this yet, get with it.


~VII

No comments:

Post a Comment