Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Evolved Into Nothing

This was one of my favorite albums of last year, same thing for a lot people I think. In my opinion, one of the best, no bullshit grindcore bands going on right now. The mighty Wormrot - "Dirge", 12" on red w/ white splatter vinyl(limited to 300), 33 RPM.
I don't know what I can say about Wormrot that hasn't already been said a thousand times already. Seemingly coming out of nowhere and grabbing the internation grindcore scene by the balls and not letting go. Two highly acclaimed albums under there belt(I still have to get "Abuse"), and I think another one is on the way soon. 
Beautiful package here; sturdy, glossy cover with a  printed inner sleeve and nice colored vinyl. There are also 2 bonus tracks on the vinyl edition, and they're dynamite. I have no idea why this is a 33 RPM record though, each side definitely doesn't go beyond the time constraint of a 45 RPM record. Maybe it's more expensive to press a 45 record, I don't know.
I think Arif did this back image.
Inner sleeve
I see this around every now and again. Most recently on Hells Headbangers, which is where I picked my copy up. Hails.



~VII

No comments:

Post a Comment